New Year’s Eve is a time when we welcome new possibilities. We sit and ponder on the events of the previous year and we look to the future with hope of a brighter tomorrow. Some make New Year’s resolutions on New Year’s Eve 2015, some let go of the mistakes of the past while others welcome the New Year in style by having a ball. If you are new to the city of Atlanta, you may be wondering what it has to offer you on this celebrated day. Many cities offer numerous parties, stage shows and extravagant affairs to win the hearts of revellers; how will the city of Atlanta enthrall you this New Year’s Eve 2017?
The Peach Drop (Event)
The Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta has always been an event that is flocked by people from all over the country. Throw the curtains down on the old year by anxiously awaiting the 138 feet fall of the 800- pound peach above at the most acclaimed celebration of the south east.
- It is a full day event for the family with rides, live music, food galore and live entertainment throughout the day.
- As 2015 draws closer and closer, the stage will come alive with performances from renowned entertainers and as the clock strikes midnight, the 800 pound peach will fall and millions of confetti will fill the air.
- The party will continue for hours after that and so revellers will have their fill.
New Year’s Eve will be a day packed with jubilation and fun and if you are in Atlanta (GA), the Peach Drop at Underground (50 Upper Alabama Street) is the place to be.
If you are one who does not love the wild partying and one who prefers a more reserved affair then Atlanta is still the city to be. Be soothed by the peaceful music of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. It will be musical perfection at its best!
- Hear the lyrics and musical styles of pianists, singers and performers from all over the world.
- It is elegance at its best, this orchestra founded almost seventy years ago has something for everyone and the performances will definitely leave you happy and serene as you look to the New Year with hope.
Restaurants to dine
You could also treat your taste buds to the heavenly meals offered by any of the following top-notch restaurants.
- The acclaimed Tomo restaurant which offers a sushi delight for all its clients to devour is a favourite on New Year’s Eve night.
- Sushi may not be your thing. Instead, you may be looking for the sophisticated barbeque treasure offered by the south. If so, then the Heirloom BBQ is definitely the restaurant to be. Chefs Cody Taylor and Jiyeon Lee will give your taste buds a memory they won’t forget this New Year’s Eve.
Atlanta is a city with much to offer. It is noted by some as being the treasure of the south and it will definitely leave you entertained this New Year’s Eve night.
Hotels for NYE
Popular hotels in Atlanta for your Christmas and New Year holidays are Georgia Tech Hotel And Conference Center, Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta, Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, Omni Hotel At Cnn Center, ect. Always book your room in advance to avoid any last-moment problems.